Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (D E & I) are core to the mission and values of Northeast Oregon Compassion Center as we seek to further the Kingdom of God.
D E & I Definitions:
Diversity refers to our uniqueness and differences as individuals and the value that we have as God’s created children. Equity refers o the monitoring and tracking of our progress to ensure that we are being equitable as it relates to valuing ou God-given uniqueness that each of us possess. Inclusion refers to the process whereby this diversity is accepted, respected and ideas are included in our pursuit of God’s kingdom work/ all within the parameters of Christian-world view, and diverse opinions are not excluded.
As such, our vision is to ensure that all of God’s children hare heard, valued and respected. At Northeast Oregon Compassion Center, we seek to create an environment where all employees, clients, and volunteers, whatever the gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, identity, education or disability, feels valued and respected. We seek to make sure that all are seen as image-bearers of God and are valued as such.
We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for resources through all of our programs. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all perspectives are valued and hear and remain dedicated in all efforts to maintain an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
To provide informed, authentic Leadership for cultural equity, Northeast Oregon Compassion Center strives to:
- Acknowledge any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and continually update and report organization progress.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Advocate for and support board-level thinking about how systemic inequities impact our organization’s work, and how best to address that in a way that is consistent with our mission to compassionately open doors for all to encounter Christ.
- Practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions.
- Lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all team members to embrace this notion and to express it in workplace interactions and through everyday practices
- Own our responsibility for any mistakes and take genuine and appropriate corrective action.
- Provide ongoing diversity, equity and inclusion training for all board and staff members.
Following these principles, we embrace our ability and responsibility to dismantle barriers to equity and improve community conditions throughout all of Northeast Oregon Compassion Center’s work.
Northeast Oregon Compassion center is in a geographically isolated rural/frontier area and therefore there are limitations inherent in our area including resources and services.
We are committed to continually improving our understanding and ability to contribute to a Biblically wholistic approach to our community and world.